Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Assemblage - Winged Angel #4

Just finished up angel #4. Added a few polymer clay hearts attached to a chain. The color red is such a striking color!!

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Challenge #10 - Polymer Clay Hearts

Jen Worden's Challenge #10 is to finish a project that has been on the back burner for a while. I have a few to complete, but my mind has been so focused on polymer clay. There was one class I missed on taking which was "Encased Hearts" with Tejae Floyd. I just fell in love with these little hearts that she creates! I decided to try making a few. Until I can take Tejae's class, my next challenge will be in figuring out how to make the heart cases.

Friday, March 7, 2008

Clay Faces

These are four polymer clay faces I have been experimenting with. Just pop them in the oven and instant gratification!! Of course it helps to like what you have created!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Challenge #9 - Paper Casting

This the Paper Casting for Jen Worden's Weekly Challenges.
I was guest host for Jen's Challenge this week and it was a lot of fun. Thanks Jen for the invite!
My paper casting is an anthropomorph figure done with a linoleum carved image. I left this casting natural, meaning no painting or inking.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Messengers and Storytellers

I'm currently taking a polymer clay class with Dayle Doroshow titled "Messenger and Storytellers". Polymer clay is very foreign to me, however, it's very easy to work with and bake. The possibilities are endless where this clay is concerned and I'm looking forward to working with it a lot more!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Printmaking - collagraph

(Collagraph plate is on the left and the print is on the right.)

I had created a few collagraph plates a few months back and decided to experiment printing them on this really cool printing press my husband made for me. I finally had the materials I needed to print, so here is the first run. This is actually the third run because the first two didn't fair so well. I found the problem to be with the consistency of the ink. My first run was with water soluable ink and I didn't like that. The second run was with oil based inks, but too stiff. This last run is with very fluid like ink, and I was fairly happy with the results.