Sunday, March 29, 2009

Watercolor Monoprints

I got together with my friend Marilyn B. and we worked on watercolor monoprints. The process is fairly simple and the colors come out vibrant and beautiful. The best part about this type of printmaking is that it is non-toxic!!! Way back in my early college years, printmakers use to be up to their elbows in kerosene and paint thinner with no gloves on! Very bad!!!!!! Well, as time has progressed, so have the rest of us and we are protecting ourselves much better or at least I am. We now use vegetable oil to wipe plates down and less harmful degreasers.
Anyway, I loved the process and plan on experimenting more with these type of monoprints.
If you get the chance, please visit Marilyn's blog and take a peak at her incredible art work. She does amazing watercolors and monoprints.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dust Devil Assemblage

This piece originally started out with the figure mounted on the natural colored board and that was it. Place a little hook on the back and it would have been done, but this old weathered board that I purchased from a yard sale last year kept nagging at me. So I pulled it out from it's hiding place and started messing with placing stuff on it, which included the figure. Before you know it, I had something going!! There is one thing I'm trying to work out, but this will be the end result no matter how I fix the slight problem. It is hard to see in the photos, but the body on the figure is an old black wooden domino.

Monday, March 2, 2009

Child Within

I'm still finding new and interesting ways to use my ceramic arms and legs.