Hosted by Carla Sonheim
Friday, July 10, 2015
I finished this piece a few months back, however, it has taken me 'til this morning to properly photograph it. It also needed a protective coating over the piece to seal it. The board in the background was an old wooden cutting board that was sanded down and painted. The bottom of the dress is packing craft paper, that has an unusual design to it. The main body is handwoven wire dress that is raised off the backboard to give the 2-D affect. I think if I had a tighter weave in the skirt, I could have put some type of balls or marbles inside the dress.
I enjoy weaving with the wire and would like to pursue this technique further. Lydia, down below was my first attempt with the 2-D effect with wire and textiles.
Sunday, June 28, 2015
Sunday, June 21, 2015
June 2015 Photo Competition: Made byHand
Welcome to our June 2015 Photo Competition!
This is our first competition on Artizan Made and we hope that it will become a regular event as it is fun and exciting to see how people interpret a theme.
Your photo must have at least one hand in it and it must show something handmade. The hand does not need to be a real one. It can be the handmade part of the challenge. You are allowed to photoshop your image and make it into art. In other words, you can manipulate the photo in any way you want, but the story that is being told is about a hand and a handmade object.
· Anyone is welcome to participate. Each participant can submit up to three photos.
· We retain the right to delete any photo that is poorly done or inappropriate for a family audience.
· After submitting the photo, it will be held for approval and then posted on this page.
· Image size: 1200 pixels square, saved as a jpeg at 72 dpi.
· There is a text field for a one liner when you submit. You can add more text to the image on Facebook once we post it there and then the winners will get a full paragraph and link on the Winner’s Page.
· Deadline for submissions: June 28th 11PM Central US time
· Anyone can vote by clicking on the heart on up to ten photos.
· Help your favorites win by sharing their photos with your peeps.
· Deadline for voting: June 28th 11PM Central US time
· Winners: First, second and third places will be determined by the number of votes.
· They will be posted on this page: Photo Contest Winners
My daughter submitted this origami beetle she created a few weeks back for the photo contest.