Monday, July 26, 2010

Spare Parts Monday - Breast Cancer Brick Auction!

It took a while to come up with some type of doll that required a brick to be apart of the piece. I found the rusted wire flower pot holder at a sale for a $1 and I was thrilled. I just wasn't in the mood to weave a huge skirt, so I had been on the look out for this and was totally amazed to have stumbled across it!!! I also borrowed the head from the previous Spare Parts Monday post.  This is the preliminary look. There is a bit of work to be done, but I have a little over a month to complete it.
The doll will be donated to the "Breast Cancer Brick Auction" and this is the 9th year that this has been held here in Cincinnati. I will post the doll when complete and I plan to attend the auction, so I will have more photos to post of that event.

6 comments:

Hopemore Studio said...

Carla, That is fantastic, when we talked I couldn't envision the wire basket. So great to see it taking shape.

Angie

stregata said...

This is going to be fantastic, Carla! The basket is a great find! I can't wait to see how you complete it!

mycuriousteaparty said...

Hi Carla

Another amazing doll, I'm sure it will raise a lot of money for a very good cause, one that is very dear to my heart.

As for the basket it looks as if you have been to a brocante..Oh.la.la

~ Julie

Carla Trujillo said...

Angie - Thanks! I really lucked out finding the basket!

Renate - Thanks!

Julie - This is my 1st year to finally donate a piece, and I'm looking forward to it!

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Oh Wow Carla! I haven't been by in a few weeks & I LOVE your new blog look!
Fantastic!! And your new work is always a real feast for the eyes. I just love your art dolls.
cathy

Carla Trujillo said...

Cathy - Thanks!
I had not intended to change the look of my blog, but when I came back from vacation I started playing around with the background color. Well, one thing lead to another and before I knew it, I had a blog overhaul.