Thursday, May 12, 2011

Angel B1

Angel B1

I had taken an online quilt class months ago and was introduced to weaving with fabric. Very cool technique and I tried it with some of my left over collagraph prints and vintage papers. That is what the angels wings are made from. Her body is a domino.



This past weekend was The Duveneck Art show down in Covington and the turn out was great. You couldn't ask for a more beautiful day!!!!!!!!!!!!! I met a lot of people and some were collectors of my work!
 I really enjoy meeting people who own my work! Oh! Yeah! I did take 1st place in the sculpture catergory, so that was exciting. I've been doing this show for the past 3-4 years and this year was the best.

5 comments:

Cody Goodin said...

Hey, congrats on the first place. Glad to hear it was a great show for you.

WondrousStrange said...

Congratulations....you are so deserving!!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

What a wonderful way to combine techniques! Congratulation on first place--glad the show went well for you.

Are you curious about me? said...

Congratulations your work is amazing deserves to win every prize going.

Love the angel with the woven wings.. I can almost see some printing there can't I?

~ Julie

Magnetic Island Artist Edward Blum. said...

You are amazing.