Thursday, May 29, 2014

My 1st Publication in Art Quilting Studio Magazine


I was contacted several months ago about submitting some work for possible publication in Art Quilting Studio Magazine. Four of my pieces were selected and I have five pages dedicated to the article! Received my free magazine as part of the publication and just love the job they did with background settings and photography.


It's funny that I would have art quilts published instead of assemblage art work. I've always wanted to submit some work, but never made the time to do it and I did feel a little overwhelmed at the prospect of it, so the invite was just the right push I needed to get off my behind and just do it.
Now that I have completed this, I need to work on getting some assemblage work published.

7 comments:

Cody Goodin said...

Congrats to you and it looks great. It is funny how things work out. I never thought I would fall into photography until I took a class some months ago. Continued success to you.

jenclair said...

Congratulations, Carla! Five pages is quite a spread and quite an honor!

ARTISUN said...

Congrats Carla, this is huge! Can't wait to get my copy so I can check it out :)

ARTISUN said...

Congrats Carla, this is huge! Can't wait to get my copy so I can check it out :)

ARTISUN said...

Congrats Carla, this is huge! Can't wait to get my copy so I can check it out :)

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful article to complement your work.

Carla Trujillo said...

Thanks for all the awesome comments about the publication!!