Monday, September 3, 2007

Contemporary Native American Indian Dolls


Just a few samples of dolls I have created for a show coming up in few weeks. Each one created is one of a kind. This style of doll is a far cry from the ones I have been creating. Creating the art dolls really challenge me to explore and go beyond my comfort zone. The learning process with the Indian dolls is very slow at evolving and can become stagnant from time to time.
I work on both types of dolls at the same time because when I become frustrated or bored with one style, I move on over to the other for a nice change of pace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found an article on

Indian Dolls I thought you might like.

Carla Trujillo said...

Thanks for the info. bstroke!
I have actually sought out her work at galleries in Taos & Santa Fe when I was home visiting New Mexico a few years back. Her work is just awesome! You have to actually see it to believe the bead work that goes into her pieces!