Monday, January 21, 2008

Challenge #3 - monoprint


This is Challenge #3 for weekly challenges hosted by Jen Worden. The challenge is to do a monoprint with acrylics or ink. I used water soluble relief black ink for the first layer of the print and then my second layer was done with red monoprint waterbase type paint. I soaked my paper in water before printing.
I used wet Q-Tips, bubble wrap, and plastic bag to achieve my image and textures on the first layer. The second layer, the paint was rolled onto the plate with a brayer. My plate was a sheet of acrylic.
I really enjoyed this challenge because it has been a long time since I've done a monoprint.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Awesome print Carla...then I actually y'know READ your "about" blurb over there on the right-hand side and discovered you are a printmaker. Ahhhhh! :D

cat said...

Thanks Jen, it was a nice challenge!