Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Challenge #4 - Citrus - Blood Oranges
I finally finished my weekly challenge hosted by Jen Worden. It literally was a challenge, because I had a hard time figuring out what to do! I wasn't even sure I was going to do it! So I just sat down and started some place and that was drawing a picture of an orange. Then, I thought of doing another monoprint but bagged that idea. So I committed myself to carving out an image of an orange. After staring at the carved orange for a little while, I remembered doing paper casts with carved images and so that is where I went with this project. The background work was left over paper from the house journal project. I inked, painted, stamped, scratched, ripped, and machine stitched the heck out of it!
The paper oranges were colored in with markers when completely dried.
I tried to convey that feeling of a refreshing, bright, warm, summer day, but I failed miserably. My colors are dark and moody. I'm sorry to say, but I am emotionally stuck in this winter landscape!!