Thursday, October 23, 2008

Kepa - The Apostle







Assemblage represents St. Peter, the fisherman from Galilee. His Aramaic name "Kepa", which means rock, was given to him by Jesus. He was the very first pope and was crucified upside down.
In creating this assemblage I formed a wire spring and attached it on the back of the head. I've had this fascination with bobble heads and decided to somehow incorporate it. It's my weird way of visualizing a bobbing head.
The only thing lacking on this piece is the name Kepa, which I would like to place at the very top.
Hope to have that done soon.




4 comments:

Robinsunne said...

Wow, I just love your work. >sigh<
Thanks.
Robinsunne

Anonymous said...

Awesome piece Cat! I love the idea of a bobble head associated with a "religious" piece. Something very appropriate about that!

Cody Goodin said...

Your pieces are elegant and certainly reflect your spirit. They keep getting more intriguing. Thanks for sharing.

Carla Trujillo said...

Thanks for the very positive comments everyone!