I am taking my very first assemblage class and this is the fruits of my labor. I painted the doll's legs with black spray paint used for plastics. The legs were painted a very beautiful black color and very shiny. As I was moving them around they kept getting nicked, so I just gave up on keeping them prestine looking and took sand paper to them to give them the worn look.
It also helped to have body parts from a very well made doll! I'm now at the point of trying to figure out on how to design the inside of the cigar box. What you see currently are a few torn pieces of ink covered tarlatan(stiff cheese cloth). Tarlatan is used in wipping down plates in printmaking. Some of the ink covered tarlatans have some beautiful colors on them. I guess this is my part in recycling because I think the studio discards them when the are too soiled with ink.
I like indirectly incorporating printmaking into my assemblages.
I was tagged by Robinsunne to tell 6 random things about myself and then tag others in turn.
1) I love to eat pickles and chips.
2) I have a breakfast burrito most mornings.
3) I am originally from the Land of Enchantment.
4) I am a very blessed person to have and know all the wonderful people in my life.
5) Most times I feel that I have an old soul, which is a good thing for me!
6) At another time in my life, I had served 8 years in the military.
As another friend put it so delicately in his blog regarding these tags, I too will have to be a party pooper and decline on tagging other artists friends because they just wouldn't care for this
to show up on their blogs.