Sunday, January 24, 2010

Another Year!!



Today I turn 45 years old and I am struggle with it because it seems once your out of your thirties life picks up speed and it doesn't slow down for anything! I look back and my kids were babies just a few years ago and here we are eight years later. Don't get me wrong, I love my life!! I wish time would slow down once in a while to make some moments last longer. I would never want to change a thing in my life because God has me where he wants me to be. The journey has been a rough one but so worth it!!


This is a homemade printing press Scott made me for my B-Day. I've only printed 5"x7" images so far, but it's been designed to print "12x14" images. The orange hydraulic to the right is used with the press.

13 comments:

Cody Goodin said...

Happy birthday Carla and many more.

Mary said...

Carla, Happy, Happy, Birthday!!

Carla Trujillo said...

Cody,
Thanks for the well wishes!

Hello Mary,
Thanks!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Carla!!...What an extraordinary gift your husband has given! His time, creativity...and thoughtfulness...he sounds like a keeper:)

Hopemore Studio said...

Happy Birthday Carla!!! I think your husband did a fantastic job on that press. My birthday wish for you is that you get plenty of time to use it.

Angie

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Carla! What a wonderful gift from your hubby! You look beautiful - feel beautiful too, after all - age is not just about the number (and I'm right behind you). ;o)

stregata said...

A very Happy Birthday, Carla - wishing you health, joy and inspiration for the coming year! Such a wonderful gift from your husband!!

mycuriousteaparty said...

Wow how lucky are you, one to have a printing press and two, to have found such a wonderful man who can make them.

Happy Birthday

Carla Trujillo said...

Wonderous Strange - Thanks and the hubby is a keeper!!

Angie - No problem!

Karen Puente - I do feel pretty good, but where did the time go?!

Renate - Thank you! My husband is a super guy!

Carla Trujillo said...

Are you curious about me?

Thank you! Yes the hubby is one of a kind!!

Anonymous said...

Carla,
Just found your wonderful dolls.
Very creative with interesting expression.
You are a pretty good looking doll yourself!
Happy birthday!
I'm impressed by so many women pressing their positive comments on a guy who can make a press.
Must look into that!
Regards,
John255

paula nerhus said...

Happy birthday! I am 45 as well this year I feel the same! I just tell myself yes your getting older but your just gonna be a really funky hip old lady and that will be fun too! Oh and didn't they tell you once your 45 you can say anything you want to!!!! lol

Carla Trujillo said...

John - Thanks for the nice comments!

Paula - I didn't think you could do that until you turn fifty!
Thanks!!!