Friday, January 15, 2010

Domino Girl Red / Domino Girl Pink Pearl

" Domino Girl Red"
"Domino Girl Pink Pearl"
I'm still working with dominos to try and get them to evolve or morph into something else. I've been adding arms made from wire, nails and spikes. I love the look and feel of wire, wood, and fabrics working all together in one piece. Wire is a wonderful material to work with.
One of things I've really been drawn to has been mixed media jewelry. I love to frequently visit the blogs of Richard Salley and Deryn Mentock. Their work with wire is just amazing and it inspires me.
So, as you can see, I have been adding some wire work to my pieces and they seem to work well!
I've been approached by several people about stringing some of these smaller dolls onto a chain and wear as a necklace. The only problem with that idea is that the art work I create is for dislay and not for wear and tear . I've been thinking about it, but jewelry is not really my thing.
Anyway, I am getting ready to do a give away in a couple of weeks, so stay tune for that little event!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Carla,
Just found your blog, and love what you are doing!
I feel very much the same about making jewelry, but can't help feel different for a while after visiting Keith LoBue's site.
http://www.lobue-art.com/
John255

stregata said...

Love your domino girls.

Carla Trujillo said...

Thank you John! Keith LoBue is another wonderful mixed media jewelry artist!

Thanks Renate and Happy New Years!

Nicole Merkens said...

these are awsome!
-NIcole