Monday, January 4, 2010

Monoprints

Here are photos I promised of the monoprint project that was due today. The plates are layered with textured designs and color. The key is to dry each layer.

Some plates may have 10-15 layers and you need to keep in mind that the first layer is what will be on the top layer of the paper when it is printed, so mentally you have to keep in mind that you are working backwards. Or you can flip your plate over and look at your image that way, but it never really looks like the actual print. I love the unknown of what your print will look like!!! I hate when I have to go through too many prints to get a good one! Oh well, that's part of the whole process.

This is print "Untitled II"



This print is "Untitled I"


4 comments:

grittyjane said...

Wow! These are so stinkin cool! Not enough time to try everything I want to though...

Carla Trujillo said...

Hey Jane! There never is enough hours in a day! My goal this first part of the year is to create more prints(printmaking) not matter what comes my way to distract me!
Thanks for stopping by.

cat

Marilyn said...

I love this one! The colors and the design are a good combination.

Carla Trujillo said...

Thanks Marilyn.

The red one is my favorite! I finally figured out after several prints that the type of paper I've been using has not been printing very well, so I have different paper cut to size and ready to go. I just need to get that drive to create more prints.