Monday, May 21, 2012

Our Blessed Mother and The Christ Child

I have these wonderful holy card images and I finally found some time to create a collaged art quilt.
The background was done with scrap papers, pieces from some of my etchings, scrap linen and canvas.
 My mother taught me how to sew at a young age and so I use to make a lot of my clothes. However, since having kids, most of my sewing is done with collages or mending things. I have an old Kenmore Sewing Machine that is made out of metal and I have had that for years. It is heavy to tote around. Now a days the sewing machines are made of plastic and light weight.

2 comments:

stregata said...

Ah, but the old sewing machines are so much more durable and dependable... this piece is really beautiful and the image is wonderful!

Gayle said...

I love this image and what you did with it..