Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Toastmaster

The Toastmaster

After about a year of lingering in the studio, I finally finished this piece. I can get really hung up on how things are suppose to fit together structurally.  I do use an industrial strength glue, but I have to seal the deal with nails, screws, wire or rivets. Even if the piece is light weight, I'm coming at with from all ends with some type of cold connection. The hubby sometimes just looks at me and shakes his head! I tell him that it gives me peace of mind to go overboard.

4 comments:

missy majchrzak buckley said...

I love this doll, Carla! I saw it on Etsy before I saw it here and "favorited" it. He's wonderful!

Cody Goodin said...

Really cool piece Carla. I am really enjoying the new pieces.

p said...

wow human gestation period is faster hahaha...congrats on finishing another perfect piece woman!

Dirty Girl Art said...

Wonderful!