Wednesday, May 30, 2007
My exploration into using bees wax continues. I've used a collagraph/linocut print
and collaged it with various papers, bees wax, inks, marker, handmade stamp, leather and wire.
I ink up the paper before and after I use the bees wax.
The wire is the last material added.
This is a monoprint with handmade stamped Indian figures and clouds. I had to work the background because it was too over powering for the figures to show. The whole piece was worked over with bees wax, acrylics, black marker and scraped with a razor blade.
Sunday, May 27, 2007
This is one of several pages I've been working on. My attempt with this page is photo transfer and wax tranfer. The image I used was a photo of one of my collagraph's which was transfered onto contact paper and then adhered to the book with wax. When first working on the transfer, I used an ink jet picture and those do not transfer, so I used a black & white copy from a copy machine. It worked like a charm.
The wax transfer are the small square shapes throughout the piece and are located on the waxed areas. Some squares were inked onto some of the area covered with paper.
I thinks it's in the timing in transfering a picture. I was not all that successful with this process.
I also used some strips of monoprints which are adhered with glue.
Randomed inking with several colors was used throughout the page.
Tuesday, May 15, 2007
The individual who had my name for the tip in exchange knew I was into Native American, so she did this great page for me. The background with the buffalo image was from a photo she had taken herself. The actual photo on the left was from a pow-wow she attended and beneath that is a buffalo nickle.
Friday, May 11, 2007
A whole lot of aluminum!!! I'm experimenting with aluminum tape and it's great! I've taped, wired, glued, embossed, scratched, stamped, & waxed the heck out of this page. The wire is stuck onto the back of the tape and then adhered to the paper. Next time I will use smaller wire to keep the aluminum tape from puckering so much. Landed up using one of my moo dolls as part of the collage. It needs more work, but I'm pretty burned out with it right now, so it will have to wait.
This is the first for participating in the alphabet tag exchange. We are up to the letter's "D" & "E". I wanted to experiment with making a paper doll and working with aluminum tape, so I combine them.
I came across an artist who used aluminum tape and I just fell in love with it! You can do so much with it.
Wednesday, May 2, 2007
I was intrigued with a fellow artist's creation of Moo art dolls and I had to give it a try. I really loved the process! The materials I used for the dolls are all leather and have been painted, or stamped. The heads are made of leather, aluminum, or paper. Some body parts, which are from bone beads, hardware or leather, are glued and wired into place. I wasn't sure how they would turn out, so I started out with a post card size sheet of paper and I just started stamping and gluing.
Sometimes I just like working on something that is not going to take a long time to create and this was fun!!