Sunday, March 2, 2008
Printmaking - collagraph
(Collagraph plate is on the left and the print is on the right.)
I had created a few collagraph plates a few months back and decided to experiment printing them on this really cool printing press my husband made for me. I finally had the materials I needed to print, so here is the first run. This is actually the third run because the first two didn't fair so well. I found the problem to be with the consistency of the ink. My first run was with water soluable ink and I didn't like that. The second run was with oil based inks, but too stiff. This last run is with very fluid like ink, and I was fairly happy with the results.