Tuesday, May 19, 2009

St. Michael the Archangel - Assemblage WIP

I had received this beautiful religious card from a fellow Cursillo member a few months back and it had the picture of Michael the Archangel on the front and his story on the back and I just fell in love with it, so I wanted to create an assemblage piece based on him. The whole piece came together quickly but adhering is another story. I am a procrastinator when it comes to adhering a piece together. Plus I get very discouraged when I use products that just don't do a good job of adhering. So, my hubby had introduced me to a two part epoxy he has been using for years and he claimed that he mentioned it to me a few years back and I just wasn't listening. Well, I am listening now and the stuff is great!! It is called J-B Weld and I bought it at Harbour Freights(I think craft stores and hardware stores carry it too). When the parts are mixed, the color of the adhesive is grey.
I still use E6000, but J-B Weld is used especially for small items that just have a hard time adhering and staying put!
When I finish getting this piece together, I will post it with the story about St. Michael.

3 comments:

stregata said...

I just love your art dolls!

Carla Trujillo said...

Thank you stregata!

studioJudith said...

Wow . ...
your Archangel Michael is simply
Divine!

Jjjj