Thursday, May 21, 2009

St. Michael the Archangel




Michael means"Who is like God?!".
Lucifer, who was the most spended of angels, did not like the plans God had of creating man out of dust: that Mary(the mother of Jesus) would have a higher place in heaven than the angels and that God would be born of a virgin and assume our lowly nature. Lucifer and his pride couldn't accept the humility of God. So, thinking he was better than God, Lucifer rebelled against his Maker.
St. Michael and the holy angels fought Lucifer and his unholy angels, casting them into hell.
St. Michael, defend us!


6 comments:

Cody Goodin said...

I was anxious to see how this piece was going to end up. Very nice, I love the angel series anyway. It is a favorite theme of mine. As the food ol' Beatles would have said, "You're getting better all the time."

stregata said...

This piece is very special, and so beautiful!

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

I saw this piece in progress with the clamps on and was waiting to see how it would turn out.
BEAUTIFUL! I really love all your pieces and this one is another favorite!

Jen said...

Carla, LOVE this piece. In particular the negative space created by the washer part behind the head and the wings on either side, the cream background looks like fangs or claws. Awesome!!

Carla Trujillo said...

Cody - Thanks for your wonderful comments!

stregata - Thanks! By the way, I have started on my rosary and will drop you a note when I'm done!! Thanks for the inspiration to do it!

Cathy - I was very happy with the way this piece turned out and it is my second favorite. My first is the Bounty. Thanks for stopping by and for your comments!

Jen - Thanks for your take on the piece! I hadn't even noticed the claw or fang shapes. The washer piece around the head is actually a plastic piece from an outdated digital camera of ours that broke. It was part of the lense area.

Nicole Merkens said...

NOw this is an awesome piece! thanks for your kind comments on my blog ;-) Nicole