Sunday, February 28, 2010

Printmaking For A Day

I spent the whole day Saturday printing a couple of collagraph plates. The one pictured above is titled "The Three Deites". Last year I had a hard time getting a decent print from this plate, and so I think this one came out pretty good! I need to start creating more plates.
A collagraph print is created by adhering objects to a surface such as yarn, cardboard, sand, glue, etc.......
Once the objects are adhered, you then ink up the plate and print your image.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Your imageof the three deities are great. I'd like to see more of the prints that you made from this collagraph plate.

stregata said...

I think this is fantastic - I wonder how you take the print off it?

Carla Trujillo said...

Marilyn - Thanks!

Renate - Thanks!
The next time I print, I will post pics on the different phases of the printing process. It's easier to explain it that way.

Hopemore Studio said...

Wow Carla I think the print is great. Forgive me, I know little about printmaking, does the print come out embossed as a result of the objects on the plate?

Angie